Keeping you safe !
Epping North Medical Centre is committed to your safety and encourage you or your representative to be actively involved in your care. You can become involved by knowing what we do to keep you safe, knowing how we prevent infections, and how we prevent adverse events during your stay. Here are some of the steps we take to keep you safe and general safety information for you to consider in becoming active in your own care.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Access: I have a right to health
- Safety: I have a right to receive safe and high quality care.
- Respect: I have a right to be shown respect, dignity and consideration.
- Communication: I have a right to be informed about services, treatment, options and costs in a clear and open way.
- Participation: I have a right to be included in decisions and choices about my care.
- Privacy: I have a right to privacy and confidentiality of my personal information.
Courtesy of : Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights in Victoria
- Provide information that enables health care professionals to give you appropriate care and advice.
- Treat seriously any decision made in partnership with a health professional regarding your treatment.
- Comply with your prescribed treatment or tell your healthcare professional of your intention not to do so.
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate way so as not to interfere with the well-being or rights of other patients and healthcare staff.
Courtesy of : Department of Health and Human Services – Tasmania
PATIENT HISTORY RELEASE
Kindly note with effect from 1st February 2015 , we will be charging a fee of $30.00 to cover administrative costs involved towards all “Patient History Releases”.